Rhythms on the River is history, for now. Click graphic below >
Atchafalaya: Friend or Foe? Nov 10, 2011
Veterans Day Celebration, Nov 11, 2011 > Thanks for coming out to support our Veterans!! More >
September 22, 2011, Cafe JoJo's "Music While You Dine", click here for details.
Rhythms on the River
April 29 - July 1
Downtown Morgan City,
Front Street (Between Everett and Freret)
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Atchafalaya Culinary Festival & Painting Class Registration Form, click graphic below.
Rhythms on the River
2010 Spring Lineup
Downtown Morgan City,
Front Street Between Everett and Freret
6:00 till 9:00
* April 9, 2010 déjà vu
* April 16, 2010 The After 8 Band
* April 23, 2010 T K Hulin
* April 30, 2010 The Wise Guys
* May 7, 2010 The Andy Smith Band
* May 14, 2010 The Good Feelin Band
* May 21, 2010 Jamie Bergeron & The kickin Cajuns
* May 28, 2010 The Johnny Firmin Band
* June 4, 2010 Don Rich & The Don Rich Band
“Rhythms on the River,” the nine-week, Friday night downtown celebration of
music and spirits, kicks-off on Friday, April 9th and continues until June 4th. Now is
the time to become a “Rain Angel Sponsor.”
“Rain Angel Sponsors” receive VIP Passes (number based on sponsorship level)
to the River Room for each of the nine musical events. The River Room provides
“Rain Angel Sponsors” with access to a cash bar, hors d’ oeuvres, comfortable
seating and clean restrooms, as well as an enviable balcony view of the entire
event and of sunsets along the majestic Atchafalaya River.
If you are interested in becoming a “Rain Angel”, Please send an email to
email@example.com or call JoAnn at 384-9291.
The Morgan City Main Street Program Board of Directors presented Keith Kidd a plaque - In recognition of 6 years of dedication & Outstanding Service to the Morgan City Main Street Board. The Board also presented George "Skipper" Williams with a plaque in recognition of 3 years of dedication & outstanding service to the Morgan City Main Street Board.
The Morgan City Main Street Program Board of Directors presented Dominque Thomas Besse a plaque - In recognition of 9 years of dedication & Outstanding Service to the Morgan City Main Street Board.
The February 2009 issue of Country Roads Magazine gives awards to
"A Few of Your Favorite Things"... More >
LH Printing Façade Grant
* December 5, Saturday, 10am - 6pm; The 700 Block Merchants Santa's Block Party. Join The Frame Shop from 2pm - 5pm for a Book Signing by Rusty Cloutier - "Big Bad Banks." Also Meet & Greet our Guest Artist, Catherine Siracusa, from 11am 'til, showing her newest collection of Mixed Media Art. See Guest Brochure.
* November 6, 2009; "Rhythms on the River" rescheduled event with T.K. Hulin.
All sponsors will honor October 9 passes for
* November 11, 2009; Veteran's Day ceremony at Lawrence Park.
* November 13, 2009; 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Downtown Morgan City,
Atchafalaya Culinary & Arts Festival, Good Feelin Band.
Click here for cooking competition entry forms.
* November 14, 2009; 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Downtown Franklin, Christmas Boat Parade
* November 12-13-14, 2009; Cypress Manor Museum Auction - Preview Thursday & Friday, 4-6pm; Auction begins on Saturday, 9am to 12 noon.
"Rhythms on the River," residents and visitors enjoyed many Fridays evenings of fun on Front Street between Everett and Freret. The schedule included:
* October 2, 2009: Lil' Nathan & the Zydeco Big Timers
* October 9, 2009: T.K. Hulin & Smoke (rescheduled for November 6, 2009)
* October 16, 2009: Jamie Bergeron & the Kickin Cajuns
* October 23, 2009: Blue Merlot
* October 30, 2009: Andy Smith Band
* April 24 - DON RICH
* May 1 - TBA
* May 8 - TK HULIN
* May 15 - TBA
* May 22 - DE JA VU
* May 29 - WAYLON THIBODAUX
"Family Fun Day" - Saturday, May 2nd, 2009, under the bridge, between 2nd & 3rd streets, from 11 am to 3 pm.
"Trash Bash" - Saturday, Feb 28th, 2009, at 8 a.m. in Lawrence Park
Louisiana Shrimp & Petroleum Festival -
September. 3 - 7, 2009; visit the website at
Louisiana Main-to-Main Event - Saturday, Nov 15, 2008; click here for more details.
Morgan City Christmas Festival - December 1, 2007
MC & CCC Auto Show - December 1, 2007
Veteran's Day Celebration - November 11, 2007
Fall Frenzy - November 2-3, 2007
Fireworks on the Lake - July 4th, 2007